Monday, June 25, 2007

I have no reasons for you

Hello Blogland!

Today will be short and sweet.

  • I listened to a great sermon on the way home from work today. Rob Bell spoke of addictions and how food is a common temptation in the Bible. He discussed feasting and enjoying food as pleasures that God gave us. Eating is sinful and physically unhealthy when we use food as an attempt to fill up the emotional hole we have. Eating is sinful when we try to make food our god. I dig that. I feel like I finally have a grasp on when eating is healthy and celebratory and when eating is sinful.
  • Nathan is in Atlanta. I am sad.
  • I have our house almost totally clean. The realtor is coming by Wednesday to take pictures and check on the cats.
  • I will not be blogging again until probably Saturday. My friend who was supposed to stay with me this week bailed. And since I'm uncomfortable here by myself, and I have another friend who lives an hour away in the city I work in, I'm going to spend the rest of the week there to shorten my commute. I don't think he has internet anymore.
  • Nathan is in Atlanta. I am sad.
  • I had a hamburger from Sonic today. I was mad that my friend isn't coming to stay, and I was really hungry, and I got a hamburger. Didn't even think about the "no meat" thing until I thought about fixing a frozen dinner with chicken in it. Oh well. I'm back on the wagon.

Don't forget about me! Wish me luck with the realtor! Have a great week!!

5 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Aww I'll miss you...

Aimee said...

Good luck with the realtor. Sorry your friend bailed on you and you ate meat. But the brightside is, you have another friend to stay with and tomorrow is a new, meat free day. :)

Sarah said...

Good luck with your relator. Don't feel too bad about the hamburger. Today is a new day. Enjoy your week!

marie said...

sorry, i didn't catch where nathan was...

Bye! said...

awwww, I just get back to blogland and I miss you! :( Have fun at your friends place and don't stress about the hamburger - we're human after all! :)
Take care and seeya saturday!
Luv Annie